Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Introducing...

From Sterling:

I have a very neat lineup of guest bloggers this week. I wanted to do a brief introduction on them, why I chose them, and why they rock.

Nathan and Holly - I met Nathan and Holly in 2007 while attending Utah State University. Nathan was a member of the Aggie Marching Band, Holly was the band photographer (and former member). I spent time with them at a party once, then they moved to Chicago in spring of 2009. When I found out I was pregnant, many members of the marching band came forward to me, saying "Nate and Holly are adopting!" Well, as we all know, everybody knows somebody... but I started talking to Holly anyway, and we became very good friends. She told me about her struggles on the adopting side of things, and I shared my heart with her on the decision-making side. She's very wise, and has a deep, wonderful story. Nate and Holly are hoping to adopt, and you can visit their adopting profile at this link.

Meghan - Meghan is an 18-year-old beauty from Layton, Utah. She placed her son in summer 2009. I met Meghan at the Layton LDS Family Services, and I've always been so touched by her story. She has overcome a difficult and heartbreaking situation with her son's birthfather, learning to forgive him and move forward, and she has become an absolute strength to all of the girls she has met during and after her placement. You can view her blog at this link.

Stephanie - Stephanie was an adoptee. (I say it in past-tense because she isn't constantly adopted, she was once). She is 20-years-old (soon to be 21!), married, and has a beautiful 5-month-old daughter. She and her older sister were adoptees, and both are amazing women and born leaders. I knew Stephanie throughout elementary school and junior high, but lost touch until college. Hearing her thoughts on adoption and how grateful she is for the decision her birthmother made to place her into a loving, two-parent home is inspirational and encouraging. You can't help but love this girl!

Dave and Amy - Dave and Amy are an adoptive couple from Utah, living in Florida. If you've been in group with me (Sterling), you know who they are. They are the parents of my son, David. I don't know if I can sing their praises enough! They have been involved in the adoption process for about three years, having been down a long and sometimes frustrating road to get there. They will be starting their paperwork in a few months to adopt again but are, for now, enjoying life with their new little miracle.

Please leave comments, or ask questions, about their stories. They would all be happy to answer follow-up questions. 

1 comment:

  1. Sterling, you continue to amaze me. You contribute so much to this world. I doubt you will ever know how many lives you have touched.

    ReplyDelete